Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2026

San Diego shooter left mental health facility day before massacre, cops had prior warnings

 One of the deranged teens behind the San Diego mosque shooting walked away from a mental health facility the day before carrying out Monday’s deadly attack, sources said.

Caleb Vazquez, 18, left the Park Mental Health Treatment Center the morning before killing three people at an Islamic center with 17-year-old Cain Clark, law enforcement sources told The Post.

Caleb Vazquez — one of the deranged teens behind the San Diego mosque shooting — walked away from a mental health facility the day before carryring out the deadly attackObtained by CA Post

Vazquez also had a firearms restraining order issued against him after police conducted a welfare check at his home in Chula Vista last year, according to the sources.

The visit was in response to a 2025 911 call alerting authorities to his disturbing social media posts.

Clark also had a 911 call about him — placed by his mother on the morning of the shooting after he left home with guns that were in the house.

Though both teens had been flagged to authorities, they still managed to drive to the Islamic Center of San Diego and kill three people before fleeing into the nearby neighborhood.

Vaszeuz and Cain Clark (pictured) killed three people at the San Diego mosque.Instagram/madison.warhawk.wrestling
Mansour Kaziha, Amin Abdullah and Nadir Awad were killed in the shooting.REUTERS

They later took their own lives in their getaway car.

They left behind a shocking, hate-filled manifesto, which praised Adolf Hitler and a slew of mass murderers, before the attack.

The unhinged dispatch contains scattershot derogatory and racist views targeting a number of groups — including Muslims, Jews and gay people, among others — and described hopes to to instigate an “all-out race war” to bring about the collapse of society.

The pair were “radicalized online,” cops said, and wore Nazi symbols and etched racist statements into their gear.

First responders responding to the scene of the shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego.Denis Poroy for CA Post
Mourners attending a prayer service held for the shooting victims on May 21, 2026.Denis Poroy for CA Post
Family members carrying the casket of one of the shooting victims at the service.Denis Poroy for CA Post

They “did not discriminate on who they hated,” law enforcement officials said in a press conference Tuesday, adding they had recovered over 30 guns and a crossbow in connection to the suspects.

Mansour Kaziha, Nader Awad, and security guard Amin Abdullah were named as the three victims of the mosque shooting. Abdullah was praised for his actions in helping to prevent further casualties.

”We do believe the security guard was able to help at least minimize the situation to the front area of the mosque,” San Diego police chief Scott Wahl said.

https://nypost.com/2026/05/21/us-news/san-diego-mosque-shooter-walked-out-of-mental-health-treatment-center-the-day-before-massacre-police-had-prior-warnings-sources/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.