A former COVID-19 patient who didn’t get the COVID-19 vaccine recounted her experience of how she was treated during a hearing held Monday.
“When the hospitalist in the ICU learned that I was unvaccinated, he looked directly at me and said, “I’m sorry Mrs. Seiler, but you’re going to die,’” Gail Seiler said during her testimony.
Steiler, along with other witnesses shared their stories about how they were treated during the COVID-19 pandemic at a hearing titled “COVID-19 Hospital Protocols: Real Stories from Real People,” hosted by Wisconsin GOP Sen. Ron Johnson.
Seiler said that while at a hospital in Texas in 2021, she was treated as if her death was expected and was inevitable.
“Once they discovered my vaccination statusmy options became limited to remdesivir and a ventilator,” she said.
Remdesivir is an antiviral medication that was used to treat those hospitalized for COVID-19.
“I repeatedly requested treatments such as ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, budesonide, zinc, [and] Vitamin C but those requests were denied,” Seiler said.
She said she was faced with a massive amount of pressure to get on a ventilator and take remdesivir, which she eventually took just one round. While in the ICU, was isolated from her family.
“I was denied food for 12 days [and] water for seven days,” Seiler said. “I was left naked and uncovered for an extended period of time while staff observed me through the ICU windows instead of entering my room. I was designated a DNR or ‘Do Not Resuscitate.’”
Gail said that the only reason she survived was because of her husband Brad Seiler, a former ER nurse and Army captain.
“He believed the oxygen protocols were excessive and that the hospital’s actions were accelerating my decline rather than helping me recover,” she said.
She said her husband advocated for her and it took six hours and help from Colonel Allen West, Texas state Sen. Bob Hall and a lawyer for them to get her discharged and sent home.
“With the help of Dr. Richard Bartlett, my husband, and my daughter-they cared for me at home [and] used treatments that the hospital had previously refused me and I fully recovered,” Seiler said. “Because I remained conscious and aware throughout my hospitalization, I witnessed firsthand what occurred inside those ICU rooms, and I encourage our government to fully investigate what happened to patients and families during the COVID response so that no American family will have to experience these abuses again.”
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.