Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Netanyahu says defeating Iran regime is Israel’s top priority

 

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday that defeating Iran’s government was Israel’s top regional priority, arguing that Tehran remained determined to rebuild its nuclear program despite suffering heavy damage.

“There are still things to complete, and that is to finally remove the danger from Iran and defeat this regime,” Netanyahu said in an interview with Israel’s Channel 14. “We have done a great deal, and the United States joined us after we began Operation Rising Lion alone.”

Netanyahu said the collapse of the government in Tehran would also bring Israel closer to defeating Hamas and Hezbollah.

“Clearly, if this regime is defeated, the path to the final elimination of Hamas and the elimination of Hezbollah is not far off, and we will complete it,” he said.

Netanyahu said Iran had not abandoned its nuclear ambitions despite previous strikes on its nuclear infrastructure.

“Iran has not given up on the nuclear issue. They were hit hard, and we pushed it back. We know they want to realize this in order to produce atomic bombs,” he said. “We uprooted this cancer, but cancer also has metastases, and it could develop into a renewed threat.”

“Iran wants to renew its nuclear program. I prevented that, and I will prevent it again. Iran will not have nuclear weapons as long as I am prime minister,” Netanyahu added.

“This regime needs to be defeated. I am committed to that, and it is possible. They are weaker than they were,” Netanyahu said.

He said there were “two voices” in Iran, adding: “The people say ‘Bibi joon’ [dear Bibi], and the regime says ‘Bibi majnun’ [crazy Bibi], because they are very afraid that I will do what I want to do.”

https://www.iranintl.com/en/202608306663

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.