NATO is prepared to address any threat and would take necessary action to defend all its members amid reports that Iran was considering attacks on US targets in Europe, Reuters reported on Wednesday, citing an alliance official.
“Our deterrence and defense posture is strong and effective,” the official said.
The official referred to four occasions when NATO air defenses intercepted missiles launched from Iran toward Turkey as evidence of the alliance’s capabilities.
"As demonstrated earlier this year when NATO air defenses successfully intercepted ballistic missiles heading to Turkey from Iran on four separate occasions, our deterrence and defense posture is strong and effective," the official said.
The Financial Times reported earlier in the day that Iran considered attacking military targets in Europe if US President Donald Trump escalated the war.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.